Wednesday, February 15, 2012
2nd Year Eval
Not long after I began studying in my current program did I begin to hear about the dreaded 2nd year eval. There were horror stories. Stories of people getting immediately kicked out, put on some sort of academic discipline, or given very critical and negative feedback. I didn't hear any stories about students being praised, encouraged, or supported. All this chatter stirred up anxiety in me and my fellow classmates. So, as 2nd year eval approached, I tried to tell myself that thus far there hasn't been any critiques of my job as a student and I shouldn't be too worried. That helped...a little. 2nd year eval came & went yesterday and you know what? It was great! The committee of faculty gave me tons of encouragement and positive feedback. They told me they liked me and to keep on trekking towards my degree. One faculty told me she appreciated my consistent, dependent, and calming demeanor. Another told me that everyone who has interacted with me has thought highly of me. They appreciate my professionalism and maturity. They are excited to see what happens with my career and where I decide to go after graduation. It put a smile on my face at 7:45 am. Around 6 pm I found out I wouldn't be allowed to apply to my 1st choice practicum site, which bummed me out. Thankfully I had friends to celebrate the positive with last night. It feels like it's already been such a long week, but I'm looking forward to Friday now when another hurdle is placed before me...practicum applications. I'll keep you posted, friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAYYYYYYYYY!!!! so so glad it went well!!!
All I have to say is: NOW do you believe the rest of us when we tell you how freaking awesome you are? Sheesh.
Post a Comment