Friday, February 24, 2012

17 Years Later

Tomorrow marks 17 years since I sat in Ponderosa Chapel at Hume Lake Christian Camps and gave my life to God.  17 years since I promised to take up my cross and follow Jesus.  I admit I haven't done it perfectly or consistently, but I rest in knowing I serve a loving, forgiving God who seeks after me, finds me where I've wandered to, and brings me back to Him.  In my theology class this semester we've been talking about creation, God's providence. and Jesus' presence in this world.  I've been so thankful for my formal education and being able to study this with a fantastic professor who is truly humble & hilarious (he's also a tall, nerdy white boy...You catching my drift, Veronica?).  I'm also thankful for my informal education in these matters.  God has been prompting me over and over to just stop and listen to Him.  I use school as an excuse to not do this very often, but I'm convicted.  So, as we begin lent, I've decided to 1. Give up drive thrus (I've gained so much weight in grad school); 2. Read through a devotional every day.  I hope to post about what I'm learning more often, but don't hold me to it :)  I've also seen all these photo of the day challenges and think this might be fun to do too...hopefully in March, you'll SEE more of my world :)

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Wow, my mind was already going there before I even saw my name written there. Haha! =P