Friday, January 23, 2009

CBB Retreat

Once upon a time I was a "night owl" as my Nana would put it.  Even as a kid I would stay up late and sleep in.  My best friend growing up and I would challenge one another to see who could sleep the longest.  I often pulled "nooners" when I would sleep until sometime in the afternoon.  I think Joshua broke me of the habit and I found out just how much I could enjoy mornings.  Well, without chores for sure.  Once I started marathon training it was always early to bed, early to rise.  Since I've been on break for about 5 weeks and haven't had a job, I've gotten into the bad habit of staying up late and sleeping in.  I need to break the habit because school starts again in a few hours.  

I have to go on a retreat with my cohort.  This time around I sort of know what to expect.  I plan on staying quiet for as long as I can while we do group therapy.  I guess I just want to keep some of the stuff going on inside me to myself.  I don't even talk to my therapist about it all and I still have enough to talk about for an hour every time we meet.  I'm ready to hit this semester as hard as last.  Dang, it felt good to do so well.  But I know it's going to take every ounce of my energy.  I have a few goals this semester and we'll see if I can attain them, I'm pretty driven but these are somewhat lofty.  

I was asked to join a softball team next season.  I've been subbing for this team and loving it.  Every week I hope they call me in need of another girl for the lineup and so far for the last month they have.  It's nice to feel wanted.  Now, if only I can ace hitting the gaps instead of line drives to the shortstop.  

No comments: