Monday, September 08, 2008

I'm out...

Today has been a very tough day. I'm physically exhausted and emotionally drained. It was a long day of therapy, class and more therapy. I've been really afraid to tell people in my cohort I'm a Christian. I think you need to be sitting in my seat to understand why I would feel this way. Anyway, I "came out" tonight and told my practicum group that I'm a Christian and it's integral to who I am and how I work. Someone said it best tonight when he said its hard being White in CBB and its hard being a Christian. Good thing I'm half White :) I've only been in school for 2 weeks and I'm already overwhelmed, scared and tired. This leaves me with a lot to process, a lot to read, and not a lot of time to get the things done that I need to get done. I think I'm quitting my job.

FYI - my posts may become MUCH more personal as I go through this process of grad school. But they also may become vague. Heck, I might not even post for another month...I guess you'll just have to check it and see.

3 comments:

KS said...

I feel you! And I went to a Christian school for my Masters ;-).
Hang in there, it gets better! I would be lying if I said it gets easier. What really helped me was finding someone to process with, someone I could trust and verbally vomit everything that I was thinking. I was blessed to find a small (very small) group in my Cohort to process everything with and they didn't judge. I hope you blog during this crucial time. I wish I did more blogging in my second year. I slacked at it. My prayer for you is that you would find strength in weakness. 2 cor 12:9-10

Courtney said...

what is the degree your going for?

Veronica said...

Hi... wow. Hang in there girl, I have known you for a long time & you are MORE the capable/equipped to get through this. By the way, IF you have time & want to do something that doesn't require a lot of brain power, I tagged you on my blog. Take a look.