Do you remember Hanson? If you were around in the 90's I'm sure you remember MMMmmbop. You probably also think they were a one hit wonder. Those boys that sorta looked like girls with their long hair have grown into some pretty good lookin' guys and are unbelievably talented musicians. I've been a Hanson fan since the MMMmmbop days and I've never been ashamed to admit it. They're great and talented and they're doing music the way they want to do music. They've also become philanthropists, activists and businessmen. They have their own label now and are working hard to raise money for AIDS in Africa and shoes for the poor in Africa. I respect that, they're doing something about the need they see.
Why am I writing about Hanson? Well, I got to see them in concert for the first time last night. I went alone too. I thought, how lame am I? I'm going to see Hanson all alone. BUT, I'm so glad I did it and I'm still not ashamed to say I'm a Hanson fan and I went alone. If you haven't heard Hanson since MMMmmbop you should check them out. And every cent you pay for the download of their song "The Great Divide" goes to a hospital in South Africa trying to fight the spread of AIDS in their country. You should buy the entire CD though. You should also pick up Underneath. Simply amazing.
Photo Gallery
No comments:
Post a Comment