Wednesday, October 31, 2007

That's What Family Is For


Robbie is the middle kid. Not that he has a complex or anything, I'm just saying he's the middle child. Robbie and I would fist fight when we were younger. I remember punching him in the nose and then locking myself in my bedroom because I knew if he got a hold of me he would kill me. Now we're good friends.

Rob was in an accident this weekend that has left him in a bad spot. It's just my hope that he turns to the Lord for some guidance and hope. Luckily I was in Fillmore this weekend and was able to be there for him and my family in this particularly hard time. When he called my mom to say thanks for all that we did for him my mom simply said, "That's what family does." It meant a lot to me and it's just something I've been thinking about.

I'd like to think I've also been adopted into another family. I've been living with David and Marisela for a month now. They're truly amazing friends who have opened their home and lives up for me to invade. Yesterday was a hard day. I was thinking a lot about Robbie and the accident and things that he might be thinking about and it made me cry...at work. I read the article from the newspaper online and there is also a place for people to comment on the article. Some people are so rude, mean, and opinionated. I just hurt for my brother. David and Mars didn't know all this had happened throughout my day and didn't know I had been in a pretty sad mood but when I got home last night they had bought 3 pumpkins and we carved them. It was exactly what I needed to lift my spirits.

No comments: