I've made it through 2 weeks at UCSD. Marisela asked me this morning how I felt being back in San Diego. Here's the truth, I have mixed feelings.
Right now I really enjoy my job. It could be because I've only been here for 2 weeks. Or maybe I really do like it. I think my boss is excited I'm eager to learn and she's willing to teach. She's invited me to some meetings and we've discussed some campus issues. I'm excited she includes me in that stuff and it isn't just filing and emailing and managing her schedule. I also still feel like a visitor. I'm super thankful David and Marisela have opened their home to me and are so willing to help me out in a huge way, but I still don't feel like I live here. I miss my family a lot.
I was thinking about the people I knew in San Diego this morning. There are actually more than I thought. If you're in SD, hit me up.
Danny, I hope you're doing well. Maya asked me if I wanted to go to China with her this summer. UCSD does a super discounted trip for students and staff. I told her maybe, if we could jump to Japan too. Or else I'd have to go to Japan instead. She said she wants to come too :)
1 comment:
Yo. San Diego sucks. Too many outdoor malls. It always rains, then you slip all around, and because you're holding all the abercrombie bags full of stuff you've bought you fall down and crack your head open on a public ashtray. No thanks.
Give me the perky indoor malls of Phoenix, AZ or Fresno any day.
Post a Comment