I was substitute teaching in Fillmore for the last few weeks. It was an interesting experience for sure. I went to the football game on Friday and sat with Granny. I love my Granny but even though I was sitting on the left (her good ear), she still can't hear me.
Saturday Kevin Ball got married. I might have a picture later. Kevin and I have been friends since middle school and during my high school days, he and I were close. There were 4 guys and 4 girls in our group of friends. Since Kevin was the oldest by 3 months, and he had the biggest car, a huge red suburban, we went everywhere with him. It held all 8 of us perfectly. So, congrats to Kevin and Jessica Ball. The best part of the wedding was seeing Sean again. That guy has been in hiding for the last 9 years. Good times being reunited.
I moved on Sunday. Packed the car and unpacked it all in the same day.
Monday I started my new job. It's overwhelming taking it all in but I think it's going to be a good job for once. Of course the same day I start the new job the CA department of Corrections decided to call me. I've been waiting for them for the last 6 months. I think they're too late.
Chris Cone passed away on Monday. He is one of the nicest, funniest, most humble example of Christ I've ever met. He was my pastor throughout high school and left the pastor position to teach and coach at the high school. He cared so much for people and was so young. It's sad for us God takes people like him so early but I know he's rejoicing with our heavenly father. If you think about it, pray for his family. He had a wife and 3 kids. The oldest is a sophomore in college and the youngest is a sophomore in high school.
No comments:
Post a Comment