Friday, September 07, 2007

Unemployment or "in transition"

Another week without work is starting to make me a bit nervous. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun but that whole no money coming in is the sucky part.

I had a job interview at UCSD and I felt like it went horribly wrong. I got to the interview about 10 minutes early and was dripping sweat since it was in the high 80's and I was wearing a suit. So I was already uncomfortable and then there were 6 people on this interview panel. I liked the students on the panel and I think they liked me but there was an HR lady who just was not paying attention to me. It was super annoying. It was great to stay with David and Mars for a few days and spend time at the beach. I forgot how beautiful La Jolla was and how warm the beaches down south are.

On my drive back to Fillmore I got another call from UCSD. I had a phone interview this time with the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs Office. I got invited back down for an in-person interview. I'm feeling pretty confident and it helps that Maya knows the people doing the interview. So, back to San Diego next week.

In case you didn't know, I'm back in Fillmore and living with my parents. That's been an interesting situation. Hopefully it's only for a few more weeks.

No comments: