I haven't posted since the first day of school...yeah, it's been that busy. Some days are a bit overwhelming, some days I wonder what I would do if I wasn't so busy. School is hard and I'm learning a lot, but it's hard. Did I mention it's hard? 2
nd year is over 1/4 of the way done! I'm in the process of trying to pick classes for next semester and I've made 2 different master plans. In my first plan I take 16-18 units each semester and apply to internship a year early. In the second plan I take 9-16 units a semester and apply to internship on time. The possibility of getting out of school a year early is enticing. I just don't know how prepared I feel to be applying for internship and venturing out in the clinical workplace on my own. I think since I first started school I thought I would put my nose to the grind and finish early. Now that the time has come to really make those decisions, I'm scared. It's sorta difficult to allow myself to take my time. I've always felt like I have to know what I want to do, have a plan, and not waiver. Staying another year feels like wavering...
I've definitely been isolated, spending time in my room, the library, the student lounge, working away. I haven't been involved at church much this semester, which has been difficult to be away from. It's also sort of outta sight, outta mind. Nobody really reaches out to me to see how things are going. Makes me think everyone is tired of hearing about school. Maybe they are, I don't know. At least my therapist listens to me :)
My health has been up and down this semester. I'm still way better than I was this summer, but I'm definitely not at my normal functioning level. I have to go to the doctor again this month. I hate this part of my life.
Well, we'll see when I get to another post. Maybe Thanksgiving :) Actually, I'd like to do this month of thanks I see so many friends doing. I'll start a day late but I'll start with this:
I'm thankful for a perfect God who loves my imperfections.
1 comment:
May I offer a bit of advice? When you do finish school and venture out into the clinical workplace, promise me you won't offer your services in trade for items for sale on Craig's List, okay? I have some luggage listed there and a lady emailed me who is a counselor and clinical hypnotist and wanted to know if I would trade an appointment with her for it. How annoying is that? LOL
Post a Comment