Yesterday I posted a book review and today's Donald Miller blog made me laugh. Mostly because he's saying the opposite of the book I just reviewed...and I just gave up my list. He wrote a book a few years ago titled To Own a Dragon and while it was meant for men who had grown up without fathers, I still read it. And I loved it. I did have a dad growing up and I considered us to be close but after I became a Christian and he got remarried things changed. I've felt distant from my dad for a long time but thankfully I've been blessed with a step dad who attempts to show me what a God-fearing man and leader looks like. Miller has re-released To Own a Dragon under a new name, Father Fiction, and has added a few chapters. He's sharing them on his blog if you're interested.
In other news: I'm going to Rosemead in the fall. I was driving myself crazy trying to analyze every possible move (I should learn to play chess, I'd probably be good). When I took a step back from the many thoughts swirling in my head, I recognized the fear I was letting cloud my decision. I have no idea how a few things are going to work out but I'm super excited for the community I'll be joining and the chance to go to a Christian school. That should be a VERY different experience for me. I'm excited to jump into doctoral work and part of the requirement for the degree is a minor in theology...ah, now that is exciting! I'll be moving in August and start school on the 25th!
No comments:
Post a Comment