Sunday, March 21, 2010

Book Review 1 - Do Something!

I started the year with a goal of reading a book a month. I think I might average 12 books this year but I'm not meeting my goals yet. I have finished one book, Do Something by Pastor Miles McPherson. I probably only finished this book because I joined a small group and went through the book with them. It was a decent book and really motivating to actually put faith into action. The book had inspiring personal stories from people in the church and great scripture to reinforce putting faith to work. I thought the curriculum that went along with the book was simple, good for some, not for me. I felt myself wanting to dive deeper, maybe it was my group that didn't want to go there, but I felt like the discussions never really went anywhere. I bought the book for $5 and it was worth it, it was an easy, quick read. If you're interested in starting new ministries there are a lot of examples in the book. Overall grade: B-

No comments: