Sunday, August 16, 2009

Confessions of a gym-aholic

Friday was my last day at work. I was a contract employee in my department and budget cuts have forced my department to not renew my contract. It sucks, not gonna lie. I think the most frustrating part is knowing that I've been actively applying to jobs since April. I'm hoping this unemployment thing is short lived and I can stay in San Diego. If I don't find a job in the next two months I'll have to move back to Fillmore and I don't really want to do that.

So this next week I've decided to get hard core with my workouts and strict with my diet. I've been at almost the same weight for the last 5 months and although it looks like I've lost weight, I've only really lost inches. I'm okay with inches, at least I haven't gained. But I was thinking now that I have some free time I'm going to work really hard to cut weight for my next tournament. It's seems almost impossible but I'm going to try and see what happens. At least I'll have something to focus on and not just mope around the house feeling sorry for myself.

Today I worked on my tan and spent almost 8 hours at the beach. It was nice out and I played a lot of volleyball. I went with people from my gym and from another gym here in San Diego. I've been hanging out with people from my gym a lot more and I've had mixed feelings about it. Sometimes I think the things they talk about are stupid. I'm not impressed by how drunk they can get and how many bars they get thrown out of. But most of the guys are impressed by these stories, so I'm thinking I'll just make mine up. I actually do have a gym crush and he's not the kind of guy I would ever think about being with but I know I impress him with my boxing skills. I have enough guts to go head to head with him and enjoy it. Yeah, sounds like we'd have a jacked up relationship. For now he'll remain my gym crush and not know anything about my secret name for him, but we have been spending time together outside the gym and he calls me a lot. Is it still a crush when you talk on the phone for 4 hours?


2 comments:

marisa paige said...

alyssa likes a boy!!!

Trent Lewis said...

oh boo.