I've felt pretty alone the last few weeks. It's been tough looking for a job and I keep hearing, "you aren't the only one" but that doesn't bring me any comfort. I'm trying to be thankful for the next 2 weeks of work that I do have but I hate coming to work and sitting in front of a computer all day. The professor I'm working for right now might have something I'm interested in but she won't know until she hears about her funding. Right now funding across education sucks, I'm sure you know that.
I have a big window in my living room that has a great view. I've been getting up early, sitting on my couch, looking out the window, and praying I would trust God. That's all my prayer has consisted of because I know if I can get that down, everything else will be okay. The last few mornings I've just been driven to tears but then I think about how lucky I am to be His child. It's still hard and scary and I'm still getting caught up in the worrying of not having money, but I'm celebrating the fact I'm going to my heavenly father instead of allowing my self to get stuck in this yucky place.
Jiu Jitsu has been amazing for me. Helps keep me busy and my coaches and training partners are awesome. I feel like I have a family there and get support and encouragement. I'm fighting on August 9th in Long Beach. If any of you are in the area, please come. I'm nervous about having people watch, especially since my training has been toned down due to a knee injury. Robbie (my brother) is fighting in the morning and I'm fighting in the afternoon. This will be my first competition in my gi (traditional Brazilian Jiu Jistu) and it's double elimination so I'll have at least 4 fights (gi and no-gi). I think it's $10 to get in and there is a martial arts festival along with it. That probably means free junk :)
1 comment:
Alyssa, I just love you so stinking much. I know we don't talk much, but you're close to my heart and I think about you often. Sorry that things have been kinda crappy lately. No bueno.
Whenever I'm down I sing the MJ anthem "You are not Alone" and all seems to be right with the world again.
Joking.
But, I know how you feel and I'm praying for you, friend.
Post a Comment