Friday, July 17, 2009

Another Weekend in Vegas

I just realized I haven't written about my last weekend in Vegas. It was a fun and exciting weekend and I had some good, very tough fights. I fought some beastly women (if you think I'm a beast, I'm nothing compared to one of the ladies), unfortunately my camera was broken so I'll have to get pictures from a teammate. I ended up taking 3rd in my division and standing on the podium to get my medal felt awesome. Competing is definitely motivation to train harder and get better. I've been working out about 2 hours a night, 5 days a week and now that I'm working on my weight training and diet I've been dropping weight pretty consistently. It's a good feeling for sure. My coach texted me today telling me she wants me to compete in a few weeks in a tournament in Long Beach. I don't know if it will happen since my brother is fighting the same weekend but we might actually be going to the same place. Still trying to figure it out, but if it happens I'll post about it so you can actually see me in action. Having people there might actually help me fight harder too. I'm hoping to post a video of one of my fights, stay tuned.

No comments: