Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm an official grappler

It's blurry but you get the idea. 

I went to Vegas this last weekend to compete in Grappler's Quest.  I guess since I've competed in a tournament I can say I'm an official grappler.  It was a great learning experience and my coaches were right, it's playing over and over in my head and I'm seeing what I did wrong, where I could improve, what I did right and how I can change things up for the next tournament.  Wait, did I just say the next tournament?  I guess I enjoyed the experience a whole lot despite nerves that didn't let me eat for two days and sent me to the bathroom every five minutes.  Was that TMI?  My schedule is starting to lighten up so that means I have more time for training but we'll see what happens.  I have to remind myself I'm not in my early 20s anymore, even though I'm in way better shape now than I was then.  

In other news, I'm graduating in 10 days and I have one more paper to turn in.  It's so close to being done but it's been hard to tie up the loose ends in it.  I've been staring at it for the last hour and that's why I'm blogging now :)  




1 comment:

Veronica said...

hahaha... are you serious??! You NEVER cease to amaze me lyss - you freakin' ROCK!!!!