Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm Rolling

I was rolling on Thursday in my grappling class and had my first mat injury.  I was in the mount position (on top of the other person), was trying to keep that position and was using my left leg for leverage.  Can you picture it?   The person underneath moved so I moved with her but my toenail didn't move.  In fact, I heard it tear away from the flesh under the nail and it was hanging there.  The girl under me was more disgusted and the couple next to us stopped rolling to see what was going on.  I ran to the bathroom, cleaned it, taped it up and lucky for me class was over.  I couldn't put a shoe on for 4 days and I missed my softball double header that night.  I was bummed.  While I was watching the UFC fights this weekend in Fillmore one guy looked at my toe and asked what happened.  I said I lost it on the mat.  The other guys were pretty impressed but this smart alec asked if the mat bit me.  I have street cred now.  

I started a new job.  Hate it.  I don't want to work.  Ever.  

My neighbor came over and said her doctor told her to give up drinking so she wanted to donate the booze in her house to my cause.  I said okay, seeing that I entertain every once in a while (even if Katie makes me drink sangria alone).  She came over with a LOT of alcohol.  I told classmates the story and said I didn't know what to do with it.  They said, "Invite us over!"  
Uh, that's about it for now.  I'm sleepy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Invite me over too!!!