Monday, September 02, 2013

My Life

I passed my professional qualifying exam in May! I only cried once and sweated through one dress. I guess that's success. Once it was officially announced I had passed, my supervisor asked how I would celebrate. That hadn't really crossed my mind, but then she said these words: "passing proqual means we put our stamp of approval on you. We trust you enough to handle clients on your own. We're basically saying, you're ready for internship." Ready for internship...

So, I'm applying for internship now! This semester I'm taking 2 classes, practicum, teaching some labs, working at the counseling center, pretending to be working on my doctoral paper, and trying to have a social life. I've also decided to volunteer with the high school ministry at church, which I'll try and write a different post about. And I'm taking on internship applications. Much like everything else in grad school, this is a beastly, expensive process, which could end up taking me very far from So Cal, the only place I've really called home. It's weird to look at my list of sites and think I could end up in DC or Georgia, New York, Florida, Washington, Missouri, or Texas, to name a few states. Maybe it will be Santa Barbara, San Diego, or L.A.? I'll know in February. 

Lastly, I'll leave you with some dating stories. It's been so, so interesting doing this online dating thing. I hate it. I'm about to give it up and wipe my profile from the many sites I've been using. I've met some nice guys, but there has always been something missing. The only one I really had interest in being with was the one who I posted about in April. Even though he broke it off we never stopped talking for much longer than 3 weeks. And actually, we saw one another again last week. He's still seeing someone but I think this was our attempt at becoming friends. I don't think that's gonna work for me. Anyway, the last few dates have been with guys who really are only looking for sex so those haven't gone so well. I did have a "date" a few weeks ago with a guy who asked me to coffee but our "date" never left the parking lot we met in. We literally stood by our cars in the parking lot and talked for 20 minutes. I just kept thinking, get me out of here! Then he texted me that night to say he had so much fun with me and wanted to go out again. When I told him I wasn't interested his response was, "Me either! Ciao!" Okay, dude. On to the next one...

No comments: