Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lotta Learnin'

I've learned a lot in the last few weeks.  I'm gaining confidence in my therapy skills as I work with clients and practice with classmates.  I'm learning about things I do and do not want.  I'm learning more about what irks me and why.  I'm putting myself out there and leaning into the discomfort that can bring.  It's been hard but it's been good.  Rewarding even.

I'm still looking for an apartment.  Throw up a prayer for that one!  I know the right place will come along but it makes me a little nervous not having the time to put into searching for a place.  

I haven't talked to some friends in a while.  I almost cried today when I saw Romano on ichat.  Mostly because I had just rolled out of bed and thought I was going to talk to Tim.  Instead it was RP high school staff.  HELLO!  I haven't seen or spoken to a lot of them in months or even a year.  That wasn't the way I wanted to see them again.  I'm not even sure I wanted to see them again...

I had an a ha moment this week when I was driving home from a classmates birthday party with my carpool buddy.  I made a comment about how the group I used to be surrounded by might think I've gone overboard and too secular.  It was a semi joke but he asked me if I was different around friends than classmates.  I said not really.  Sure, we never played beer pong with RP peeps but I'm sure Katie and Trent would be down for this game over Thanksgiving break.  It got me thinking though.  

The growth process continued this weekend as I spent all day with a classmate who is gay.  It was awesome.

I have a lot of work to get done and this fancy new computer keeps distracting me.  Does anyone know how to get your itunes library from one computer to another?  I NEED my music. 

1 comment:

Veronica said...

you know what, we did it, but I don't remember how... we went from an HP to mac & I know we brought our itunes with us... hmmmm. I'll ask Andy & get back to you.