Some of you may know and if you don't know maybe you just recognized and if you haven't seen me in a while, well, there's less of me to be seen. I've been doing Weight Watchers for the last 7 months or so and this week I got over that 45 pound mark I've been stuck at. It feels good to be smaller but I mostly did it because a lady at work asked me if I wanted to go check it out with her and it got me thinking about the medical complications and early death that was headed my way. So I went and I've been enjoying this "diet" for the most part.
I've also been working on my life list. You know, that list of things you want to do in your lifetime. One of the things I really want to do is run a marathon. I know, you think I'm crazy and I do too. I mean, who freakin runs 26 miles for the fun of it? I guess I do. I'm training for the LA Marathon on March 4th and I still have time to talk myself out of it but as of today I'm on schedule to complete all 26 miles.
Let me tell you what also is fun: Weight Watchers meetings with wackos. I went to one meeting and there just so happened to be some "special" people in the group and that made for an interesting meeting. There is this one lady in our group who is psychotic about her diet and when she speaks, I often wish she hadn't shown up. Is that mean? There's another lady who has just dropped weight so fast and I secretly wish she would plateau because it makes me sick every week hearing how much she's lost. I think that's also because the last 5 pounds have been hard to get off.
So, I was kind of ashamed to admit that I was doing Weight Watchers but there it is, my life's secret.
1 comment:
so i found your blog off of amanda's blog and we're long lost pondo friends. so i thought i could ask you...what's your secret for success on weight watchers? matt and i have been on it for about 3 weeks and haven't been very successful. maybe a pound here and there, but it's always back the next day. feel free to email me with any advice - i'd really appreciate it. allieshilling@hotmail.com
-allie
Post a Comment