I went up to Big Bear with our 6th and 7th graders for camp. I was able to run away for a couple of hours and see Pondo peeps. It was great for the 30 minutes I was there and thanks for being so welcoming and understanding of my short visit. It really made me think about working there again next summer. Boy, that would be so fun!
I've been in desperate need for true community. Things here in the valley are so shallow. I have friends but nobody really knows anything about me. I guess that's a good thing. They might not want to be my friend if they really knew things about me. I'm thinking about moving to San Diego.
I'm leaving for Ethiopia in 2 weeks! I'm stoked but a little scared. We've been warned a couple of times about the area we're heading into. Northern Ethiopia is very closed to the Gospel and they've killed missionaries trying to get in. This is the first time I've actually thought about the possibility of going and not coming back alive. Pray for my time there. I won't be back until the 31st of August so if anyone still reads this thing, well, it's normal to have a monthly post now isn't it?
1 comment:
hey alyssa, i get what you mean about the shallowness.
Post a Comment