Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Blythe, CA: Beautiful or Butthole?

I've almost recovered from Spring Break Camp 2006. It's a tough one to recover from because I didn't realize how dead I was. I must have been running on excitement while in Blythe. Which brings me to the amazing city that is Blythe. There isn't really anything there except this cool spot to camp right on the Colorado River. They do have 2 Starbucks stores though and that's more than I can say for Fillmore. Apparently there is this really amazing bait shop where some staff picked up live fishes for our crowd breaker so appropriately titled, "Bobbing for fish."

The last night was one of my favorites. I never knew there was so much wildlife around the campground until 1:30 am. Danny and I were sitting on the food truck gate just chatting it up and waiting for the girls who thought they were being covert to strike the boys camp. Instead bats, cats and skunks came out of the fields and I thought it would be funny if we threw a cat into a tent. Danny did too so he picked up the fat white cat and threw him in with his East boys. Their reaction was golden and it earned Danny the title of "Beastmaster" which I know he's proud to hold. It gave me an even bigger laugh when in the morning the boys had turned the fat white cat into a bob cat as they retold the story to the girls. Impressive.

This can explain why I haven't answered my phone Wess. Sorry about that but I've been gone and we're still friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA Oh man. Sounds crazy. And I too have had my fair shair of animals lately. Two mice turned my room up at camp into their new pad. Luckily they are dead now...and if they have any other friends they better look out. Also I've been feeding my friends dogs while she's been gone and everyday one comes running at me with a dead bird in it's mouth. I should probably try to get it from him and dispose of it but instead I just yell at it to go away and get away from me. And I'm kind of jealous of your trailor...but that's just cause I'm not in mine yet...you just wait. Well I miss you. Oh yeah...and skydiving!? I would probably wet myself on the way to the ground at least like 3 times.